Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Learning New Skills


So these last couple of days whilst I've had some well deserved time off work (it's been bliss) I've been immersing myself in a recently discovered program; Photoshop Lightroom 5. It's completely brand new to me, which my boyfriend so kindly recommended, and I have to that say so far I'm loving it. It's an extremely user friendly piece of software and pretty quick to get the hang of.
I've always used Photoshop myself, but I was looking for something that was a little more photography focused and also a little simpler to use on the surface. Photoshop is a powerful tool but it can sometimes be a bit of a fiddle to get simple things done (or maybe that's just me not using it correctly!) I think I've found my new go to editing software though.

If you're looking for something that can fine tune your photos (almost like an in depth version of Instagram) then I would give this a try. You can download a 30 day free trial through Adobe.

Here are a few photos and examples that I've been working on from when I went to Ikea with Dan an Chloe (they made me laugh so much while taking these) They are by no means perfect but it's amazing to see the difference in the before and after images.

Before/After


Before


After
What do you think? And do you guys have any Photography/Editing programs that you love to use? If so then lemme know :)

Also you may have noticed that I've changed my blog layout. Again. Sorry about that. I'm sure many of you who run blogs will understand that it's hard to be 100% happy with how it looks when you're first starting out. I have to say though, that I think I'm finally happy with how it looks now and I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with this for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully.

ttfn! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment